FortisEM is an industry leader in the provision of 3D laser scanning and advanced scanning technologies allowing for better documentation of as-built and existing conditions.
This has particular application and benefits for the BIM, architecture, engineering and construction market.
We service clients across a range of industries including engineering, industrial, architectural, construction, planning and design.
The laser scanner captures everything it can see from each scan position in a digital point cloud. Think if a TV screen defined in resolution of thousands of pixels or single points of light. We’ll give you a three dimensional image built by
billions of points of light.
From multiple scanning positions we can capture all angles of a site/project/job/object. Each of these scans is melded together to create a complete representation of the scanned area.
Our detailed capability statement can be downloaded here:
Key benefits of incorporating laser scanning into your project:
• Very dense data is collected in a very short time frame, saving time and money
• Produces realistic virtual tours (animations) and still images
• Captures all site characteristics and details eliminating the need to re-measure sites if design features change
• Clash analysis of existing site against proposed design can easily be achieved
• Eliminates safety and cost issues as scanner is operated at safe distances from dangerous or inaccessible areas
• High integrity data (individual pts +/- 2mm)
• High intensity data (average 30mm grid)
• Long term advantage is data can be used for future projects
• Eliminates re-works and reduce cost of retrospective engineering
• Great for visualization purposes for end client.